Bilingual Educator Grant Program
Empowering bilingual teachers and students
Congratulations to our SPRING 2023 Read Conmigo grant recipients IN dallas, lOS ANGELES and miami!
These outstanding educators and their schools are strengthening bilingual literacy skills and offering improved learning opportunities for Hispanic and Latino students. Each recipient will receive a $3,000 grant to support elementary students on their bilingual journey.
About Read Conmigo
Read Conmigo is an educator grant program from The Kemper Foundation to support bilingual (Spanish-English) elementary education teachers and Hispanic and Latino students. The grants are dedicated to providing needed tools, resources and supplies for the classroom, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Up to 100 grants of $3,000 will be awarded annually to K-5 bilingual (Spanish-English) teachers in the following locations:
– California: the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernadino and Ventura
– Florida: the counties of Broward and Miami-Dade
– Texas: Dallas County
- Grant funding can be used toward:
– Classroom resources: supplies, educational materials and field trips.
– Professional development: instruction, training, conferences and seminars.
- The program will run two grant cycles: one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Must be a licensed teacher in a bilingual classroom (Spanish-English) currently employed by an accredited K-5 public or charter school in the greater Los Angeles area, Dallas County, Broward or Miami-Dade County.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a bilingual classroom setting at a public or charter school.
- At least 50% of an applicant’s teaching time must be dedicated to providing group instruction to students (one-on-one instructional time does not count toward this time requirement).
Expanded eligibility requirements
Grant usage guidelines
If you have questions that are not addressed in the FAQ’s, please email: email@example.com