Administrative Assistant (Contractor)
TITLE: Foundation Administrative Assistant
Supervised by: Treasurer of The Kemper Foundation
Status: Independent Contractor, up to 15-20 hours per week (Remote)
The Foundation Assistant will assist the Treasurer with a blend of projects – administrative, technology, communications, program coordination, and financial coordination and bookkeeping.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Support the Treasurer to maintain and update the Foundation Operations Manual and Policies and Procedures Manual to ensure that materials remain relevant and accurate.
- Support the Treasurer to provide logistical and administrative support for the semi-annual (May and December) Board of Trustees meetings.
- Prepare meeting agenda and materials, including meeting minutes for approval and signature, draft budgets, program evaluation and updates, board-advised grants.
- Prepare and track Trustee signed Conflict of Interest statements and membership/rotation on and off the Board.
- Confirm meeting space and conference call line, track attendance, and coordinate meeting reminder emails.
- Manage updates to the Foundation SharePoint site – Board meeting minutes and other Foundation documents, etc. including consolidating important historical information.
- Support the Treasurer to revise and/or write communications and content, including maintenance and updates to both external and internal Foundation websites and marketing materials.
- Utilize WordPress to update and edit Foundation website as needed for program changes and branding.
- Pay monthly bills using QuickBooks Online; manage online banking transactions and prepare and disburse e-checks.
- Process and record annual scholarships, grants and stipend awards.
- Process, record and track board grant requests.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in administrative work
- Proficiency with grants management systems and ability to learn and master other computer technology and software programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Experience with WordPress helpful
- Work experience in the fields of grants management, corporate philanthropy, scholarship, or education programs helpful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write professionally and succinctly, including experience proofreading, composing, and editing
- Good math skills, some prior experience with QuickBooks Online or Quicken helpful
- Previous experience researching and collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting data
- The expectation is that work will be conducted remotely.
- Demonstrated ability to organize tasks, efficiently manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Ability to process and protect confidential information in a professional manner
- Pay is in $35 – $45 an hour range, commensurate with experience.
- As an independent contractor, the candidate will not be eligible for benefits and paid leave.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to: email@example.com. Please write your name (Last, First) in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls. Position to start as soon as possible.
About The Kemper Foundation
The Kemper Foundation is the philanthropic partner of Kemper Corporation, and focuses on support to charitable causes and organizations in the areas of education, health and community development. Through financial support and employee volunteerism, we aim to make a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work.
- Education will enable us to inspire and empower people of all ages to achieve their full potential, and help develop the next generation of leaders.
- Health will encourage accelerated research, addressing patient and caregiver needs, and advance medical and disease education among leading organizations.
- Community Development will improve access to food and housing, and advance civil rights and advocacy for underserved Americans.