Read Conmigo Grant Program
For Teachers of Bilingual/Dual-Language Classrooms
Spring 2024 Application Submission Period Now Open
Read Conmigo is an educator grant program from The Kemper Foundation that supports bilingual/dual-language (Spanish-English) elementary teachers and Hispanic and Latino students. The grants are dedicated to providing tools, resources and supplies for the classroom, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Up to 100 grants of $3,000 will be awarded annually to K-5 bilingual/dual-language (Spanish-English) teachers in the following locations:
– California: the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura
– Florida: the counties of Broward and Miami-Dade
– Texas: Dallas County
- Grant funding can be used toward:
– Classroom resources: supplies, educational materials and field trips.
– Professional development: instruction, training, conferences and seminars.
- The program will run two grant cycles: one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Must be a licensed teacher in a bilingual/dual-language classroom (Spanish-English) currently employed by an accredited K-5 public or charter school in the Greater Los Angeles area, Dallas County, Broward or Miami-Dade County.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a K-5 bilingual/dual-language classroom setting at a public or charter school.
- At least 50% of an applicant’s teaching time must be dedicated to providing group instruction to students (one-on-one instructional time does not count toward this time requirement).
Get Started Today
Applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications submitted via mail or email will not be accepted. The submission period for the Spring 2024 grant cycle has been extended to November 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. local time.
Subscribe to the Read Conmigo mailing list to stay current on Read Conmigo news and upcoming grant cycles.
To see a blank application