Bilingual Educator Grant Program
Miami Teachers: Spring 2023 Application Deadline Extended to December 4, 2022
Dallas and Los Angeles Teachers: Submission Period is Now Closed
Read Conmigo is an educator grant program from The Kemper Foundation to support bilingual (Spanish-English) elementary education teachers and Latino students. The grants are dedicated to providing needed tools, resources and supplies for the classroom, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Up to 100 grants of $3,000 will be awarded annually to K-5 bilingual (Spanish-English) teachers in the following locations:
– California: the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernadino and Ventura
– Florida: Miami-Dade County
– Texas: Dallas County
- Grant funding can be used toward:
– Classroom resources: supplies, educational materials and field trips.
– Professional development: instruction, training, conferences and seminars.
- The program will run two grant cycles: one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Must be a licensed, bilingual (Spanish-English) teacher currently employed by an accredited K-5 public or charter school in the Greater Los Angeles area, Dallas County or Miami-Dade County.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a bilingual classroom setting at a public or charter school.
- At least 50% of an applicant’s teaching time must be dedicated to providing group instruction to students (one-on-one instructional time does not count toward this time requirement).
Get Started Today
Applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications submitted via mail or email will not be accepted. The submission period for our spring 2023 grant cycle has been extended for Miami applicants. The deadline for Miami teachers is December 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. local time. Submission period for Dallas and Los Angeles teachers is now closed.
To see a blank application