Bilingual Educator Grant Program
Empowering bilingual teachers and students
Congratulations to our fall Read Conmigo grant recipients!
These outstanding educators and their schools are strengthening bilingual literacy skills and offering improved learning opportunities for Latino students. Each recipient will receive a $3,000 grant to support elementary students on their bilingual journey.
About Read Conmigo
Read Conmigo is an educator grant program from The Kemper Foundation to support bilingual (Spanish-English) elementary education teachers and Latino students. The grants are dedicated to providing needed tools, resources and supplies for the classroom, and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Up to 100 grants of $3,000 will be awarded annually to K-5 bilingual (Spanish-English) teachers in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Grant funding can be used toward:
– Classroom resources: supplies, educational materials and field trips.
– Professional development: instruction, training, conferences and seminars.
- The program will run two grant cycles: one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Must be a licensed, bilingual (Spanish-English) teacher currently employed by an accredited K-5 public or charter school in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a bilingual classroom setting at a public or charter school.
- At least 50% of an applicant’s teaching time must be dedicated to providing group instruction to students (one-on-one instructional time does not count toward this time requirement).